Good morning. I just wanted to let you all know that edits on THE LADY'S MASQUERADE are progressing. Unfortunately (for me) they're not easy. But you, dear readers, will have the benefit of all my hard work.
I don't know why I thought this book would be fairly simple to edit. It's been with me for so long I know it back to front. The problem is, because the book started out at 140,000 words, I had to trim it down considerably. I took out all the "fluff" and filler that I thought just dragged at the story. Well, come to find out, my critique partners want me to put it all back in. Things I took out from the beginning just don't make sense at the end. However, it will not be 140,000 words when finished. More like 90,000. Which is good for a story.
So, I'm still working on it, and trying to get it back in shape. I'm up to Chapter 18, so that's heartening. Believe me, that's heartening.
However, all that being said, I'm shooting for an April 15 release date now. It may be sooner if I can really get some good editing time in. My days are broken up in chunks of 4 hours at a time. And those sometimes fall by the wayside if "real life" interrupts. Which, unfortunately, now that it's spring, the lawn mower takes precedence over almost everything.
So hang in there with me. I'll let you know how it's going.