Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Paperback Versions of The Reluctant Grooms are Finally Published

I know I said I would have them ready by the end of June, but I lost two, count them, 2 laptops within a week of each other. Yes, I went into a blind panic. Yes, I hyperventilated until I passed out. Yes, I speed dialed my cousin who's a computer genius, and yes, he fixed them. Whew. ( I had to take the unexpected trip to Charlotte, but it was totally worth it.)

I had forgotten how much I hated formatting for paperback. (Which is the true reason why I put it off for as long as I did.) Yes, I do all my own formatting, which is why there are no fancy goo-ga's, or special effects contained amidst the pages. It's not that I can't do them, I can, however, if I make a simple mistake, it could cost me several hours of frustration. Let me tell you how much trouble I had just inserting page numbers. Yes, there is a simple button you click and voila, there they are. Yet, the computer gods laughed at me and turned the task into a nightmare. I kid you not. Click, Center, Insert. Yeah, not so much.

And you would think by doing all 5 books in the same day that each would get easier as the day wore on. Again, no, not so much.

I also updated the books that were already for sale, so in the space of two days, I actually formatted 10 books. And let me tell you, I'm done. Done with formatting for quite awhile.

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to format WHEN ALL HOPE IS LOST. That will have to wait.


I will have the links on my header bar as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay.

*****

In other news, I've not written anything on the new series in quite a while. Not because I haven't wanted to, but I was sidetracked by a shiny new idea and wrote that story instead. A mystery detective novel, not something I've ever done before, but the characters wouldn't get out of my head and just to shut them up, I wrote it down. 17 days from start to finish.

And then I painted my office. I'll have pics soon. (As soon as I get them off my phone.) The office seriously needed help, and I'm glad I did it. That took 6 days, So there went the month of June.

However, I also want to say I did finally get the covers for the new Regency series and I am totally in love with them. I wanted something different this time. And different they are. I scrolled through Amazon and Smashwords looking at the covers of Regency romance novels, and I can honestly say, none of them look like mine. So for that I am particularly proud. My cover designer is on vacation, but once she returns, I'll have her do her magic and make them spectacular. (I'd show you the ones I did, but I'm superstitious about things like that. I have to at least have the first book finished.)

Also, I'm sure you noticed, I changed this blog's tone from green to red. I don't know why. I've wanted to do something different with it for awhile now, but just didn't know what. I took some time this morning and just did it. Funny, I didn't notice it until the 7th time I adjusted it, but the background is exactly the same color and texture as the chaise the lady is reclining on. Lucky me.

That's all the news I have thus far.

What do you think of the new color scheme?

Anne Gallagher (c) 2015

3 comments:

  1. I think the new colour scheme is gorgeous! And how exciting that the new paperbacks are out - as much as I love eBooks, there is something about a paperback that makes a book more real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS And it sounds like you have had a HECTIC summer, with 2 (!!) lost computers, trips and painting your office. Makes my winter seem long and lazy by comparison!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Judy. Yes, busy summer. But I have to keep busy otherwise I just fail miserably at everything. Out of order comes chaos, out of chaos order. It's a vicious cycle.

    Congrats on your new book of poetry. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the high amount of spam, anonymous comments will no longer be accepted.